Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hands All Over

This is my first post in my music themed blog.

Maroon 5 released a new CD at the end of 2010 Called Hands All Over.

The albums first track(and also first single) is Misery. It is about about the singer singing to a girlfriend he has just broken up with. It makes surprisingly good use of the line "I am in misery". Generally I am not a fan of bad English use, but this line just evokes such feelings that I think that it works rather well. One other line in it which I think works quite well is "So scared of breaking it, but you wont let it bend". One of the things that makes this song interesting is it has an upbeat beat to the song.

The title track (Hands All Over Me) is about the singers insecurities. He needs his girlfriend to comfort him that everything will be okay. This song probably has the second best tune to follow(after Misery)

One very surprising track I found was a cover of Alicia Keys If I Ain't Got You. This is a very powerful song about how much he wants his girl, instead of anything else.
The last track is a cover of Queen's Crazy Little Thing Called Love. This song always makes me think of the 50's and Grease

Let me know what you think of these tracks

5 comments:

  1. Maroon 5, always such good listening music. I really need to get this album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. firstly, well done on the new blog. I like the look and feel because its different and fresh. i think you have a cool idea here.

    i like maroon 5 and all their previous music :) great band

    ReplyDelete
  3. @andrew glad you like Maroon 5's music.

    Which is your favorite song of theirs?

    You might want to hold off getting the album till you read my next post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @SnowPony thanks for the encouragement to get it done.

    Yeah Maroon 5 are awesome. did you know they actually were in a band in high school called Kara's Flowers? I'm glad they changed names

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kara's flowers sound pretty lame. So i'm glad too... BTW thanks for the heads up about the fair :)

    ReplyDelete